Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Awesome House....we now call Home!

As most of you know we have moved back to my hometown in middle GA this past year. It's been an interesting year and we have finally gotten a house here. We still have our Auburn house (which is up for sale/or rent if you know of someone that wants it). We now have 6 acres, a pond, an inground pool, an arbor, lots of trees and plenty of room for the boys (our dogs Champ and Louie) to run free, and for the other boys to ride motorcycles, shoot guns, romp in the woods, fish, play soccer & plenty of country living! And I have 3300 sq.ft. inside with large rooms, lots of closets, pantries, basement, plenty of storage space and a walk-in attic...best of all I now have a sewing/craft room and office and no reason not to be organized! It is an older home and we've started making upgrades, we still have much more to do, but we are already loving it and feel right at home!

Scott's new office(has carpet,electricity&central heat/air~it's 2 huge rooms, the other side has concrete flooring and Jake uses it for his motorcycle, sports equipment, and workout bench/weights. 
My Arbor that I kept calling a Gazebo until Morgan corrected me...it has benches that lines the whole inside and a built in grill, fans and lights. It's very peaceful and cool~we just need to do some yard work around it.  
The pool and pond~the view from our back porch, bedroom, den & kitchen...our little piece of country paradise!

7 comments:

Cristie said...

Sounds awesome! I am so happy for you. When do I get to come see it in person?

Shannon said...

looks like you found a beautiful place. So glad it is near me!

Jaime said...

very cool, i love it! cookouts, craft rooms, what more can you ask for?!

Marsha said...

very neat! I would call your arbor/gazebo a pergola...just to give you another name to throw into the mix! I bet it is fun always having a project to work on.

Our Little Peneinei Kihs. said...

Awe!Can I move in with y'all?..LOL...What a beautiful house you guys have:) It's huge! I like big houses.Your house is so beautiful.So pretty:) When I come to GA you need to give me a tour of your beautiful home:)

Mandy said...

What a beautiful home!!! I love the arbor the best though, how gorgeous!!

akglaciergirl said...

Cristie~I expect to see you down here sometime this summer! You are welcome anytime!! and that goes for everyone else too! We still have a lot left to upgrade, but we just love having the space....now we just have to get our Auburn house rented or sold soon!